Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shop Review: Martin & Osa



My friend Blair described Martin & Osa as the love child of Gap and J.Crew, and that's a pretty perfect description. Martin & Osa is a chain owned by the same company as American Eagle Outfitters. Let me put this in SAT terms: Banana Republic is to Gap as Martin & Osa is to AE Outfitters. (Which, if SAT questions focused on more relevant topics such as shopping, I'd have performed much better on that particular test) I'd never seen the store before, but yay! Austin has one at the Domain!


The store is really nice. It has wood floors, the store is so spacious and well laid out, and the dressing rooms rock. They are huge, as are the mirrors inside them. Customer service is awesome--the people helping me were all super friendly and maintained the perfect balance of helping me and leaving me alone.


And the best part is that the clothes are really cute and reasonably priced. The clothes all seem really well made, the materials they use feel really nice and seem more substantial than a lot of mass-market places.


I really love the two tops above--the blue and white striped pintuck front voile shirt is $58, and would be great for work, and I love the washed silk cami in navy (on sale for 39.95 right now) layered under jackets or worn alone for evenings and weekends.




They also have cute work pants, outerwear, shoes and accessories. I like these twill pants for $68, the adorable oversized patent leather clutch for $98, and the cotton trench below in a great shade of gray blue for $128. I especially liked their swimwear, and they have some great looking sandals.






This is a great place to pick up basics. I was really impressed with the quality of the merchandise, and the layout and feel of the store.



Definitely look at their online store as well, which has free shipping and free returns, how awesome is that?

No comments: