Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Coach update

So last week I posted an open letter to Coach regarding the questionable status of our relationship given the increasing prices of its bags.

Coach is such a great listener! My friend Blair sent me an article from BusinessWeek that contained the following excerpt:

"With the economy sitting on the precipice of what could potentially be a deep recession, management vision and moxie could spell the difference between the companies that not only survive, but thrive, and those that are carried away in the economic undertow. Take No. 1 ranked, Coach. The handbag maker moved quickly when it understood that its aspirational customers might suddenly hesitate at spending $900 for one of its Legacy handbags. Coach quickly rolled out more affordable lines of bags for as little as $160."

Well, I went online to check it out, and I did find the cute signature bag shown above for $218.

Unfortunately, I left wanting this amazing crocodile bag for $7000.


But thanks Coach, I appreciate the effort, I think there is hope for us.

1 comment:

blair said...

Have you seen the orange beauty they just released? I am not sure I need an orange purse, and they certainly didn't price it with their cheaper line, but it is really cute.

As is your croc number...I think you should send them a note asking for product samples. I would volunteer to write a review for the blog if I get to keep the goods.