Thursday, April 17, 2008

NYT Article: Shopping with Mindy Kaling from "The Office"


Thursday is once again my favorite day of the week thanks to the return of my favorite show, "The Office". So I was pretty happy to see this great article in the New York Times about actress/writer Mindy Kaling and her passion for shopping.

On her character Kelly's style:

"On the NBC sitcom, Ms. Kaling plays Kelly Kapoor, the catty customer service representative who dresses, as Ms. Kaling described it, “the way she thinks J. Lo would dress, if J. Lo worked in an office and shopped exclusively at Ann Taylor Petites.”"

On her own personal style:

"Bows and sparkles lure her like a magnet. “My aesthetic is grandmother meets rapper girlfriend,” she said. “I like color and embellishment. I think it’s an Indian thing.” "

Read the full article here. The article also mentions her blog "Things I've Bought That I Love", and it is hilarious, check it out.

No comments: