Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shop Review: Hem Jeans



Went to Hem today with my friend Ilyse for another Austin Fashion Week event, this one for Elee Designs. The designer only had a few pieces displayed--I'm not sure if we were just there early and
they didn't have all her pieces out, or if that's all there was.

Regardless it was fun, and I love Hem (warning! their site has sound). It's all denim, and it's all fabulous. They have an incredible selection of all the premium labels, like True Religion and Hudson, and also some that I'm not familiar with but that looked amazing. They have every cut and style you can think of. They have a very substantial men's section, which I thought was cool...although not many men I know would set foot in here. If I suggested my husband pay $200 for jeans, he would laugh until he became hysterical.

I found the prices to be on the high side, but the service seemed excellent. We were greeted warmly when we came in, and the salespeople were cheerfully pulling pair after pair for the customers they were helping, and that counts for a lot--when you're dropping that much money, you want to make sure you find the best pair you can. It's also nice to be able to go to one shop and find that kind of variety.


Being the bargain shopper that I am, I headed straight for the recycled denim section, where they have gently used premium brands at discounted prices. The jeans were in great shape, and they had a really good variety of brands, cuts and sizes. I loved this Rock and Republic pair, and they were only $80. Unfortunately, since my husband is sick I had to drag my 5 month old son with me, and I found he does not enjoy shopping as much as I do, so I didn't have time to try them on. I'm seriously tempted to go back this weekend though.

No comments: