Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Boyfriend Jeans


I love the boyfriend jean trend, and after seeing Sloan's outfit on the season premiere of Entourage, I became a little obsessed with recreating her look. (See above - I know this is a horrible picture, but it's the best one I could find) I love the way they styled her for this episode.

So the thing about boyfriend jeans is that since they're slouchy and distressed, they can look a little bit sloppy if worn wrong. So I like the idea of wearing them with
something a little dressier on top. It could be a tank with a blazer or cardigan for day, or a little sequin top for evening. I like them worn with a belt and heels for the same reason, and I like a chunky, strappy leather shoe as shown above.

I really like these boyfriend jeans from Ann Taylor Loft for $69.50. They're distressed, but they don't look ratty.


For the gray tank, I like this one from Splendid, for $44 at Neiman Marcus, which has the drapiness of the original.





And for the blazer, this black one button blazer from Urban Outfitters for $78 is the perfect length, not too baggy and looks cute with the sleeves rolled up.






You've got to top them off with some chunky leather sandals, and I like this pair from piperlime for $79, which have the ankle strap and the right toughness about them. If you don't want to wear heels, I think this outfit would also look cute with black gladiator flat sandals.

1 comment:

Noa said...

Ooooh yes, I'm really liking the trend too, wrote a piece on my own blog here too: http://www.fashionoa.com/designer/aw-09-trends-06-the-boyfriend-jeans

Noa Xx