Friday, July 17, 2009

Corey Lynn Calter Pop Up Shop


I saw this cute dress by L.A. based designer Corey Lynn Calter at Anthropologie a few weeks ago and thought it was so cool, so when I saw she was coming to Austin for fashion week, it was at the top of my list of fashion week events. My friend Ilyse and I went by to check out her pop-up shop over on South Lamar today, which is open through Sunday. There was a fairly good selection of tops and dresses, along with some accessories and even some children's clothes. The standout items were definitely the dresses though--above are some of my favorites. You can see several of the dresses had the same silhouette--fitted through the bust, slightly high waisted, and very full skirts. All of those dresses were around $150. But my favorite was the gorgeous teal dress with gold foil leaves, shown above, far left. It was so pretty, and even better, totally comfortable. It has a really cute elastic waist, and it's racer back. Very unique piece, I really loved it, it was $215. I love all the colorful, really different prints she uses. Her pieces are carried locally by By George, C. Jane, and Envie.

No comments: