Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Plaid














If I'm reading the fashion tarot cards correctly, we are all going to be swathed in plaid this fall. Yes, swathed. And I for one refuse to pay $200 for a plaid shirt. No, I will not, and I forbid you from doing so either. So I'm rounding up some for under $50.

I like the cute cotton blue shirt (above, left) at Delia's, for $39.50. Basic, but cute and it looks like it has a nice fitted shape.
How adorable is this shirt (above, right) at Charlotte Russe? I love the color, the longer length, the ruffled placket and the cute little tie waist. (Check out this cute flannel top at Forever 21 too for $17.80)

I love this slightly distressed version (left) at The Buckle for $28, with puffed sleeves and a subtle metallic thread woven in. (This plaid jacket at The Buckle is pretty cool too, and on sale for $48)

I kind of love this laid back look, even if it carries a slight risk of looking like a woodsman/lumberjack. Definitely not worth spending too much money on, because there are a ton of cute tops at great prices out there. Happy hunting! (pun intended--sorry!)

No comments: