Monday, July 20, 2009

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

If you follow me on twitter, you know that I am obsessed with the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (or NAS, as my friend Jocelyn calls it). Jocelyn and I have kept up a constant email chain of communication about the NAS for about a week. I logged on Thursday night, and they had shut down the site, and instead just had a countdown clock to the beginning of the sale, which started at midnight pacific time. It made me so anxious, I considered staying up until the sale opening...I went a little sales crazy. Luckily, I remembered I had a real job to go to Friday morning, so I consoled myself by waking up at 5:30am Friday, jumping out of bed as though it were Christmas morning and running in to get on my laptop and shop.



Saturday morning, I showed up to Nordstrom at opening time, thinking it would be a mob scene. There was no one there. Clearly I am alone in my obsession (well, me and Jocelyn). It DID get very crowded later in the day though.



They had a lot of great stuff, and here are some of my picks.



1. Cole Haan Air Petra Boots (above, left) with Nike Air technology--the answer to my riding boot quest. $189.90, off from $298, also available in chocolate brown (my preference).


2. Me Too 'Limit' Ruffle Ballet Flat (above, right) -- cute patent leather flats in amazing colors, including violet (shown), green and red. $59.90, off from 89.95.


3. Hudson boot cut stretch jeans (very top) -- dark rinse and classic boot cut shape. $119, off from $176.

4. Nanette Lepore "Leading Lady" dress (right) -- gorgeous tweed dress, cute sweetheart neckline, and a great price for this designer, who is a genius. $219.90, off from $348.

5. Kooba "Devin" Tie Front Hobo (below) -- my personal favorite...I wish I could justify this purchase. I love the teal color, and the adorable tie. Honestly, I'm getting sad even looking at it. Oh Kooba. I have a feeling I am going to be pining after you all fall. $379, off from $575.



The Anniversary Sale ends August 3, and a bunch of stuff is selling out, so go now! Let me just add--Nordstrom has THE best customer service in the world. If something you love is sold out online or in our local store, call the store and see if they can order it for you from a different store. They are the best!

No comments: