Monday, July 27, 2009

The new Ann Taylor













Have you guys been in Ann Taylor lately? The old girl's had work done, and she is looking fabulous! Now, Ann Taylor has great quality at reasonable prices, and I used to buy a lot of stuff there. But in the past few years, the clothes have been downright matronly. Well, I went in the other day and was really excited to see really modern, cool clothes. Apparently, they have a brand new design team, and in my opinion, they are doing a great job at performing some much needed updating.

The collection for fall is all about gray and purple, sheath dresses and pencil skirts, and soft, feminine tops. I am loving it. My entire closet is already gray, so I had made a rule that I would buy no more gray or black for fall. What can I say, I'm weak. I already can tell I'm going to have to buy some of these pieces, they are so pretty and so reasonably priced.

Here are a few of the standouts:
1. Ruffle Front Shift Dress (top, left) -- sleek, but the ruffle collar makes it a little softer. $170
2. Merino wool grosgrain trim cardigan (above, left) --gorgeous deep blue color, ribbon trim at the neckline and little rhinestone buttons. $95

3. Tropical wool pencil skirt (top, right) -- beautiful, classic shape in a great lightweight wool. $110

4. Chiffon trim cardigan (above, right) -- the picture does not do this justice. This cardigan has a really sweet vintage feel to it, and feels slightly distressed. So pretty, and only $55. Also comes in gray and black

5. Short sleeve long cardigan (left)--the softest cotton, and I love the long, modern shape. You can wear this now and into fall (and here in Texas, winter for that matter). On sale right now for $60. Also comes in a bunch of other colors.





No comments: