Friday, May 23, 2008

Chipped Nail Polish As New Trend??


There's a horrifying article on the New York Times website reporting that chipped nail polish is now considered chic. Um...okay. Personally, I think it looks messy and sloppy, but apparently that's the point.
From the article:
“Before, when nail polish was chipped you absolutely had to run and get it fixed,” said Ji Baek, the owner of Rescue Beauty Lounge and a manicure doyenne who has noticed the Olsens and Lindsay Lohan with less-than-impeccable polish. Now, clients like hers are “wearing perfectly-tailored clothes, they have $5,000 bags and equally fabulous shoes, but their nails are chipped and they’re saying, ‘I don’t care.’ They don’t want to be too perfect.”
Huh. I guess this is a problem that I am lucky not to have. I have never looked in the mirror before going out and thought, "You know, I just look too perfect. I'm going to chip my nail polish and mess up my hair before I walk out the door." Maybe if I had a $5000 bag I could pull it off. Until I acquire one, I'm going to try and keep my nail polish unchipped.

No comments: