Thursday, May 8, 2008

Black Pants--My Recommendations

So, everyone needs a great pair of black pants. I mentioned this in my tv spot last week--definitely buy the best quality you can in a really classic cut that won't go out of style, and you'll wear them forever. You may have to pay a little more upfront to buy a really quality pair in a style you like, but you'll get your money's worth. It's much better to have one pair of gorgeous black pants you love and wear all the time that you spent $200 on 3 years ago than to go through 4-5 pairs of pants over a three year period that you don't love to wear that you spent $50/pair on.




My favorite in this cateogory is Theory. Their pants are so well-made, comfortable, and cut perfectly. They have sort of a classic but modern style to them, so they look up to date, but won't ever look dated. I love these Theory "Max C - Tailor" pants--they're made of really lightweight, stretch wool, so they have some give to them, and I love the bootcut leg. Also, they're unlined, which I love--Texas is so hot, lined wool pants would be too much. You can wear these year round, and you will, for years. Yes, they're expensive--$235 at Nordstrom. But they are worth it, seriously. My Theory pants have held up incredibly well, I've had them for 3 years and they show no signs of wear at all.








If you don't want to shell out over $200, I would recommend any of the pants from the Super 120's line at J.Crew, shown here in City Fit (which has a lower rise and straight leg). I bought some pants from this line when I first started working about 5 years ago. I have worn them probably once a week for all 5 years, and am still wearing them, and they still look great. The wool again is very lightweight, so you can wear them all year, and they're unlined. And they're only $130, which for a pair of really well-made pants of a nice material is really good.

No comments: