Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My fave new sunscreen for face


You guys know I'm a little crazy about sunscreen. I am like the fairest person in the world (in an extremely pale sort of way, not a Snow White/Magic Mirror sort of way), so sunscreen has always been a priority of mine for health reasons--no skin cancer please! But I've also become suddenly and extremely afraid of wrinkles. So on summer days in Texas, when the temperatures are as insane as they have been recently, I feel my regular SPF 30 is not enough, and I pull out the big guns--SPF 70!


This Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion for Face is so great. It's oil-free, and not greasy at all, so it won't cause breakouts. The scent is very mild, so you can definitely wear it to the office, but it's also waterproof, so it's perfect for the pool as well. SPF 30 already blocks about 97% of UVB rays, so SPF 70 doesn't increase the protection that much, but every little bit helps--I figure why not get the best protection I can? And it has broad spectrum coverage, so it protects against both UVB and UVA rays (if your sunscreen doesn't say that it protects against both, it may only protect against UVB rays, so look at the packaging before you buy). It also lasts through 80 minutes of sweating or swimming. Not much is getting through this stuff! $10.99, at Drugstore.com (a bargain compared to the plastic surgery you will need later if you don't protect your skin now!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. I've recently become wrinkle-obsessed too, so it's good to have this in the artillery against the sun. Thanks!