Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cover Girl Lashblast Mascara


Okay, you guys know that I LOVE Diorshow mascara. It's the best I've ever tried, it's supervolumizing, never clumps, and is just generally fabulous. Well, I ran out of the stuff the other day, so headed to the mall to buy a new tube. When I got home, I realized the salesgirl had given me a different formula than the original. I was in a hurry, so I ran up to the drugstore to pick up a temporary replacement and grabbed this Cover Girl Lashblast. Uh...I really like it. I mean, really like it. Do I love it as I do Diorshow mascara? I do not. However, it's $8, versus $24 for the Diorshow...I can learn to love it.

It has an enormous brush, which I love, but the brush is tiny little plastic spikes. Sort of weird, but it definitely works, it made my lashes really thick without clumping. Okay, there was a little clumping, but not bad at all. Now, I applied two coats, whereas with Diorshow you only need one. But it stays on all day and I love the way it looks. I like it so much that I haven't bought a Diorshow replacement. This may be my new everyday mascara.

2 comments:

Callen Writes said...

Funny - I had just read this blog http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-beauty-test-drive-diorshow-iconic-mascara/ before I read yours!

Unknown said...

Thank you thank you! This mascara is awesome. I have been a long-time Clinque Long Pretty Lashes user, but I think this mascara gives better definition and is less clumpy...plus, 1/2 the price! Hurray!!!