Monday, August 10, 2009

Inspiration for my fall makeup look



So, I was flipping through a catalog the other day and I was struck by the makeup the models were wearing - super flushed cheeks and rose stained lips, with a more neutral eye. They looked really fresh and young...because they were. Here's the thing - it was the Boden Kids catalog, which as a new mom I now receive.

Now, I don't know if this is an indication that I am becoming obsessed with youth, or if Boden Kids just employs an exceptional makeup artist. Regardless, I am taking these looks as inspiration for my fall makeup. I'm thinking a lip and cheek stain, like this one from Benefit, $24 at Sephora.

Is it wrong that I also love her little polka dot coat? And don't even get me started on her horse tote!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny - I saw the pictures before your text, and I had the same thought about the polka dot coat and horse bag. too cute!!!

Jodi said...

That little girl totally knows how to dress...and when you get your hands on the coat and bag, I'd like to borrow them too!

kem said...

Speaking of fashionable girls, I am loving the outfit in your profile pic Jodi! :)

Jocelyn said...

I actually picked up that Benetint this weekend...I debated buying it. You and I need to do some serious shopping at Sephora.

kem said...

Joc, we really do. I want to discuss the Benetint with you and get your opinion - time for a makeup symposium.