Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cheap Tights Found!


Tights are yet another of my fall obsessions. They're a really great, inexpensive way to update dresses and skirts that you already have in your closet, and add some color to your wardrobe. I love these Old Navy tights, they're only $6.50, and they come in great colors, including this gorgeous teal color that I really think I must purchase, and a really pretty purple color. They have argyle and herringbone styles as well for $9.50.

Now if only the temperature would drop below 100, I might actually be able to wear them! My friend Jocelyn and I discussed this in the following email exchange:

Me: I'm way into tights this year.

Joc: I want cold weather for fall. I just can't get into tights when its 80 outside.

Me: That is what is really depressing me right now, because mentally, I'm over summer clothes and am ready to start wearing fall stuff, but it's so hot that actually wearing fall clothes would look inappropriate, not to mention be completely uncomfortable. This is when I feel I wished in a small village in New Hampshire or similar New England state.

Joc: Not sure about your village reference because I quickly got a picture of you churning butter.

Me: Yes, that is the image I intended to project. While wearing tights and platform heels, obviously.

On second thought, maybe I'll stay in Texas. Tights really don't go with butter churning.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Maybe you should change your blog and just post our email conversations. I would read it everyday just to relive our fantastic conversations. I am afraid though that Blair would not read it.

kem said...

I think this could be a running column on my blog--"Conversations with Kari and Joc". It will be a preview of the radio show we will someday create.

Anonymous said...

latform sneakers are back for you! Enrich your appearance with the north face shoessporty platform sneaker. Its thick layered sole, stylish stitching and elastic gore offers you snug fit as well as incredible comfort.Moncler Shoes
You can use volatile platform sneakers both for fashion and relaxation. Suede and molded rubber toe cap of dance sneaker render you smooth feel for various foot movements.the north face Colorful stitching and traction rubber outsole provide you grip and support to dance on all floors. Retro lace up and padded foot bed give you pretty appeal as well as cushioning comfort.