Friday, October 31, 2008

Shop Review: Finch


In my pursuit to buy a few Christmas and birthday gifts, I wandered down 2nd Street, Holiday Shopping Card in hand (they're a participating merchant!), to check out Finch, a store that I had passed by a few times but never gone into. This store is a little oasis, it is such a calm and peaceful little spot. The space is small, but it's arranged so beautifully, with all the merchandise displayed in a fun and easy manner.
It's a little hard to describe their merchandise, because they have a broad selection, but it's a combination of home decor and gift items. They have absolutely gorgeous table linens, all in very simple, modern patterns. They have a nice assortment of bedding by Dwell. And then they have just a hodgepodge of unique things I hadn't seen before, including really pretty vases, stationary, glassware, tableware and ceramics, all in modern, interesting designs.
I found several gifts here, and more than a few things I wanted to pick up for myself. The salespeople are incredibly gracious and helpful, and the store is so fun to wander around in. I will absolutely be back.
PS: While you're there, if you have children or need a baby shower gift, check out their sister store Wee, located next door. They have the cutest baby stuff I've ever seen, all super modern and unique.

No comments: