Friday, August 8, 2008

Bandaids as Fashion??



Here's a bonus post for you guys for the weekend, an article from the New York Times about people who are wearing bandages for fashion purposes only.

Here's an excerpt:

When Nicholas James Brown prepares to go out for cocktails at the Tribeca Grand or to a clambake in the Hamptons, he sticks on a few boldly patterned Band-Aids by the Brazilian fashion designer Alexandre Herchcovitch.

To Mr. Brown, 24, who works at Esquire magazine in New York, the colorful strips are an important accessory, and he’s careful to coordinate them with his Kris Van Assche sweater or his Balenciaga bag. He generally wears one on his left hand or arm and balances it out with two or three on his right leg.

He doesn’t put them on his face because, he said, “I don’t want people thinking, ‘What happened?’ ” And if anyone does ask what he’s done to himself to need all of those bandages? “I’ll lie and say, ‘I have a cut,’ ” he said.

Ugh. Is he serious??? The picture above is of Mr. Brown, so I'm afraid that he is. I'm all for cute bandaids if you like, cut your finger, but to wear them as accessories is so weird to me.

No comments: